Jamie Oliver’s Quick & Easy Food cookbook really inspired me to create some 5-ingredient recipes of my own, and this one is a real winner! I do have bit of a sweet tooth, and this brilliant tart has the unusual addition of salted popcorn to create something truly unique.
– 1 Edler’s Sweet Pastry Case
– 50g unsalted butter
– 100g dark brown sugar
– 1 395g tin of condensed milk
– 1 small packet of salted popcorn
Prep: 10 mins, PLUS 1hr+ in the fridge Cook: 5 mins
1. Remove the pastry case from it’s plastic wrap, keeping it in the foil try, and place it on a plate.
2. You’re making caramel now which gets raging hot, so be very careful and don’t let the kids do this. Place the butter in a medium saucepan and place on a medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the dark brown sugar and whisk until combined. Then whisk in the condensed milk, whisking continuously for 4-5 minutes. When it’s ready, it’ll thicken and start bubbling in the centre. Remove from the heat and very carefully pour all of the caramel into the pastry case. Remember, it’s extremely hot so don’t be tempted to dip your finger in to try some.
3. Quickly scatter the salted popcorn evenly over the top, pressing it in gently using a spatula. Allow to cook for 10 minutes before placing the tart into the fridge for at least one hour.
4. Remove from the fridge, slice into 4 or 6 slices and enjoy! Great with some vanilla ice cream.