With a few simple ingredients, you can prepare this flavoursome dish in under 20 minutes. It is absolutely packed with flavour and is a real go-to dish to liven up a mid-week mealtime. If you love satay sauce, you’ll love this! Give it a go…
Serves: 2 Prep: 5-10 mins Cooking time: 8 minutes
– 180-200g minute/sizzler steak, sliced very thinly
– 175g baby corn, blanched
– 70g smooth peanut butter
– 1-2 tbsp sriracha sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
– 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
– Salt & pepper
– Small handful peanuts, toasted and chopped
– 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
– Wedge of lime
– Cooked rice noodles
1. In a mixing bowl, mix together the peanut butter, sriracha sauce, dark soy sauce, brown sugar and 100ml cold water until combined. Set aside.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large frying pan or wok on a medium-high heat. Add the beef and stir-fry for about 4-5 minutes. Add the blanched baby corn, then Stir in the peanut butter mixture with the salt & pepper, to taste. Stir-fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
3. Serve over cooked rice noodles. Scatter over the toasted, chopped peanuts and the spring onion. Enjoy!